Authors are invited to submit original and unpublished research and practical applications in all areas of 3D Object Retrieval. Submissions are invited in form of full and short papers, as well as poster and system presentations. Suggested topics include, but are not limited to:
- 3D object similarity and matching
- 3D object classification, indexing, and mining
- Similarity of non-rigid shapes
- Feature extraction, decomposition, and segmentation
- Multi-level representations for matching and retrieval
- Partial, part-in-whole, and many-to-many matching
- Matching under uncertainty and noise
- Semantics-driven 3D object retrieval and classification
- Sketch-based retrieval
- Query interfaces and search modalities
- Benchmarking issues
- Relevance feedback methods
- Active learning
- Generative/discriminative approaches in 3D object categorization
- Applications in multimedia, CAD, games, biometrics, e-science, e-learning, medicine, biology, and cultural heritage.
This year’s workshop will also feature the 7th Shape Retrieval Evaluation Contest (SHREC’2012). A separate call for participation will be issued later on.
Extended versions of selected papers from the Workshop will appear, after a further review, in special issues of international journals. Selected papers from previous workshops appeared in special issues of The Visual Computer (TVC) journal and the International Journal of Computer Vision (IJCV) published by Springer.